Thursday, July 12, 2012

Jen's Recipe Attempt: Carrot Chips


Website: http://www.chow.com/recipes/29589-carrot-chips



     While looking on Pinterest, I came across this cool recipe that turns regular carrots into an easy side dish and waited for a chance to make them. This past week, my brother and his wife came for a visit and his wife mentioned how much she loves carrots and I thought it would be a perfect dish to add to our truly southern ribs and macaroni and cheese night. Overall, the dish was fine BUT I recommend baking the carrots for a longer time for a crunchier taste or thinner slices. I think I expected more pizazz from this dish and was a little disappointed and noticed no one reached for seconds at dinner. This recipe may not be the ultimate pin, but try it out for yourself and tell me what you think!

Ingredients:

  • 2 large carrots (at least 1 inch in diameter), peeled (I cut mine into thin strips)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

  • Steps:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Combine chopped carrots with olive oil and then salt and pepper.
    3. Spread carrots out onto a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes then toss and bake for another 6 minutes (I recommend longer)

    Result: Not Pin!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment